Sunday, May 15, 2011

Seriously?!

I'm beyond fed up at this point! Why do things continue to go downhill when I thought I was seeing a light at the end of the tunnel?

As the time gets nearer for me to change jobs, I'm becoming more and more anxious. I HATE that we cannot move forward with any type of testing until August. And this puts TTC off until fall. I am, however, waiting for the results of my blood work that I had done after I came back from Holland. These include my Thrombophilia labs: Antithrombin III, Protein C &C activity, MTHFR, Homocysteine, Factor II and TSH, T4, Antithyroid antibodies, Prolactin, (Fasting) Glucose and Insulin. I'm hoping to have the results this week.

Once my insurance kicks in we will proceed with the immune testing & the cycle day #3 labs: FSH, LH, Estradiol. We may pursue the immune testing while on Cobra since this will probably be an OOP expense either way. The other testing that is on hold is the SHG and semen analysis.

On top of this we are still dealing with DH's endocrine issues. I don't think I've mentioned this before. The short story on that is DH was diagnosed about 6-8 months ago with hypothyroid and low testosterone (Low T) by his PCP. He has since gone to an endocrinologist. Despite being on Synthroid he was still not feeling all that better. The endocrinologist, Dr. P (I'll call him), was not happy with his hormone levels and wants to increase his synthroid as well as put him on Androgel to increase his testosterone. Dr. P seemed certain that these issues have nothing to due with my RPL. However, Dr. Corley was pretty adamant that this is not the case unless a semen analysis was performed to determine this. Why is no one ever on the same page?

So the WTF news of the week, is DH called Dr. P because we are having trouble getting the Androgel approved by insurance. Dr. P mentioned we may want to consider freezing DH's sperm because Androgel may decrease his sperm count. Excuse me? Why was this not mentioned before?! He damn well knows our history of RPL and wanting to conceive. DH thinks its just to cover his tail, which I understand but this is a HUGE deal in my book. And I'm disgusted that he hasn't ordered a sperm analysis at least a comparative one before and after Androgel to see if this does affect his count.

So at this point I have emailed Dr. Corley and his nurse Lisa to let them know where we stand and to acquire his opinion on whether we should do a sperm analysis before starting the Androgel.

It is important to DH that we do something and soon. His symptoms continue to get worse and both the hypothyroid and Low T are most likely related. The hypothyroid and Low T have affected his sleeping, increased fatigue, inability to lose weight, loss of hair, mood swings, weakness, occasional ED, and muscle cramping.

Any other monkey wrenches?

No comments:

Post a Comment