Sunday, May 8, 2011

NaPro - Private Session

I had my first NaPro private session last night with Erin. I have to admit that I was a bad student and did not read the book/manual that was included. I just haven't had the time between Easter, Holland trip, accepting a new job, etc. I do consider this to be a downfall of the NaPro system. In all honesty a private session should be first, instead of being handed a book IMO (in my opinion). It turns out its quite different then how I'm use to checking for CM. So I learned a lot from our $50 private session.

With the Creighton Model you do not temp or do internal exams as other systems have you do. Its based solely on your CM; sensation (when you wipe with flat layers of tissue), observation (on the tissue) and finger testing (between thumb and forefinger). Acronym: SOFT

So let's start with sensation: When you wipe is it dry, damp, wet or lubricative?

Observation: Is there a discharge present? If so, you finger test.

Finger Testing: Is it sticky, tacky or stretchy? Is it shiny, brown, cloudy, cloudy/clear, gummy, clear, lubricative, pasty (creamy) or yellow?

Now you may ask, when do I check for this? Well, before and after urinating or BM (including in the middle of the night), before bathing or showering, before and after swimming and before bedtime. NaPro definitely changes your bathroom habits.

Here are some pictures I took of my chart for those who are curious.






This is a picture of my chart so far this month.



One thing Erin pointed out is a I had 3 days of brown spotting at the end of my period which I can't say is normal for me. Maybe two but she said this can indicate low progesterone the prior cycle. Hmm...interesting! I'm looking forward to our next session in two or so weeks to see if there are any other indicators.

No comments:

Post a Comment