Sunday, September 11, 2011

"We Must See Past What it Seems"

If you have not read this blog post! I highly recommend that you do. We Must See Past What it Seems

A friend posted this on my facebook wall after I updated my status from a quote I found; "The funny thing is, nobody really ever knows how much anybody else is hurting. We could be standing next to someone who is completely broken, and we wouldn't even know."

That day I felt broken. I need acknowledgement of the pain I am going through. And I feel like so many forget and even more don't know what my pain is like.

Every day I deal with patients complaining to me of their physical pain; how bad their shoulder hurts, how much their back hurts, how they can't do the recreational activities that they want to do because of physical pain. Yes, I understand their pain. I've been through it myself but for once I would like someone to just ask me how I am doing. It gets old listening to their complaints and not being able to share mine. However, that is my fault. Many I choose not to share my personal grief with only because I want most of my relationships to be professional and not personal with patients. I think when I am feeling this way I really need to remember this article and remember that not only are they dealing with physical pain but they could be dealing with grief just like mine.

I need to learn to be less selfish...however, some days I would like a sign around my neck so people might be gentle with me.

:::HUGS::: to those who need them for whatever reason!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment