Wednesday, October 12, 2011

OMG OMG OMG!!! Jumping up and down!!!!

No...again, I'm NOT pregnant! But I am getting answers!!!!! Despite my awful feeling about my blood work not showing anything... I was so wrong!!!

My ob/gyn's nurse just called. Discussed some of the numbers with me and told me I have Type III Luteal Phase Defect!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

So what I do know right now is that my estradiol was low even though the peak was 103 on 7dpo. Dr. Daggs wants to see it at 110-150 (units?! I have no idea). The bigger problem was my progesterone was 17 on 7dpo but drastically dropped to 5.8 in 2 days. Anything over a 50% drop is consider Type III Luteal Phase Defect!!!!

Holy shit people! I could cry but I'm cheesin at the same time from ear to ear!!!

What does this mean and where do I go from here?

Type III LPD is treated with HCG shots (I believe Kathy said at 5dpo & 7dpo). We are starting this cycle!!!! I will learn how to give these injections to myself...and I don't even care that I have to inject myself.

I'm beyond thrilled that I am finally getting somewhere. Landon qualified for early intervention this afternoon after I got the news and I don't even care....it won't ruin this day that I finally feel like I'm on top of this stupid RPL mountain and finally on my way to overcoming it!!!!

Off to see if I can google LPD types!!!

OMG OMG OMG!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! I stumbled upon your blog while googling type III defect and am trying to catch myself up on your story. I had this exact reaction...the disbelief when it seemed nothing was wrong, and the pure elation I felt when that last lab result came back low. I'm a nurse, and I've known for 10+ years I had a hormonal problem (but could never find anyone willing to look into it until I found my NaPro doc), so I wasn't taking "no" for an answer! I am on my first month of hcg shots now, and I'm really excited to read on and hear more of your story. I'm sure I'll comment (and possibly have some questions along the way) in other areas, but I had to post here to say "I get it!" I'm so sorry about all the loss you've been through...I can't even imagine. Thank you for sharing your story for all of us chronic googlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I'm so glad you found my blog!!!!! Please keep in touch. I'd be happy to answer any questions and would love to hear more about your story! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, I'm so glad you found my blog!!!!! Please keep in touch. I'd be happy to answer any questions and would love to hear more about your story! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete