Sunday, November 6, 2011

POAS, POAS again & repeat!

Sorry, I had better intentions of "documenting" my first round of hcg injections but life got in the way a bit.

Let me see what I can remember...

7 dpo I gave myself another injection...piece of cake.

I promised I would wait until 10 dpo to test but I gave in at 8 dpo at lunch time. Here is what I got...



The second line or the lighter pink line appeared in 20 secs. No surprise that there was a 2nd line but I was surprised how quickly it appeared and how dark it was. So I figured why not do an experiment and test with FMU every day for the next 8 days?

Yes, I enjoy torturing myself.

Who doesn't after TTCAL??? I think it is a sick thing we do but something we cannot help! We just HAVE to know.

9 dpo I repeated the hcg injection and it left a nasty bruise this time. Granted I am on baby asprin so that probably does not help. But before I gave myself my last injection for the cycle I tested again...



I also went in for 9 dpo blood work to check my progesterone & estrogen levels to see how my body was responding to the hcg. When I got there the first question out of my mouth was, "Just how pregnant should I feel?" The two nurses in the lab chuckled to themselves and asked, "Well just how pregnant do you feel?" I said my bb's are killing me & I'm tired (and at that point I felt about 8 weeks pg minus the nausea). Of course they asked if I was experiencing any nausea and I didn't until the.very.next.day.

The following days, 10-12 dpo:





In theory, the test above I shouldn't have any hcg left in my system from shot #1. Notice the line is lighter.

On Friday, Cathy, Dr. Dagg's nurse called me. She said that I was responding very well to the injections. So well that IF I wasn't pregnant this cycle they wanted to decrease my dose to half of what I was giving myself. My progesterone at 9 dpo was 57 and my estrogen was well over 200. Last cycle, without the injections my progesterone at 9 dpo was 5.8 and my estrogen was in the high 60's if I remember correctly.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!! This wasn't even my "peak day" for my hormone levels. That would have been 7 dpo when progesterone & estrogen levels peak. These were actually falling numbers. No wonder I feel pregnant!!!

13 dpo test:


This line to me seems darker than 12 dpo.




Again, in theory shot #1 & #2 should be out of my system. Notice the line again is lighter. However, in ALL fairness. I did NOT take this picture at the same time as I did the others. I woke up at 6 AM & had to pee badly. This line appeared in 15 secs but all the other tests I showered and then took the pictures so they had at least 10-15 minutes to sit before being photographed. This MIGHT, might have been 5 minutes and then I shoved it back into its packaging. I know dumb but I was at a hotel in Morgantown, WV (huge WVU fans) with DH, DS & my FIL (father in law).

I don't have the bb soreness as badly as I did last week but they do feel full and a bit tender still. I've been e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d all this week and even have had a bit insomnia which is very weird for me. My salavia production is ridiculous! I'm spitting when I'm talking! How embarassing!?! I haven't felt any CL pain but my stomach has in general felt weird. I'm hungry a lot! I'm not sure about my sense of smell. However, I'm pretty sure thats also increased. DH hasn't commented on it yet. But I walked by the porta-pottys while tailgating and I could barely stomach the smell. Usually I can "deal" with it but I was ready to gag. In general I'm achy and feel blah but that seems to be getting better compared to a few days ago.

And just for fun:


So we shall see what tomorrow brings. But as we all know it will start with peeing on a stick (POAS). ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountaineers, eh? Welcome to the Big 12...we're Longhorns and what a fun first game it was!! We loved hosting your fans, what a classy bunch! (We're not used to that with a lot of the teams in our league, haha) Everyone was so congenial and so devoted. We heard a lot about the stadium in Morgantown and it sounds awesome, so hopefully we'll make it out there one of these years (but hopefully I won't be up to traveling this year, if you know what I mean!) ;)

    ReplyDelete